Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's Happening If You Look Closely

Despite all evidence to the contrary (snow, bitter cold mornings, and gloomy skies), a new season is arriving.

It is.

I can tell. I see the green buds among the tangled vines that border the forest.


I find a robin, and I even spy a new nest forming deep in the bushes.

That's the whole project, really. It's looking closely enough to discern that things are happening when it looks like nothing is happening. Spiritually, emotionally, physically, and even relationally, we do, in fact, grow.

Nearly imperceptibly and ever-so-slowly, we transform into the people we're becoming and were always meant to be. We catch up to the dream being dreamed for us.

______________________
I cannot wait for the Northern Cardinals to build their nest in the Winterberry bush!


No comments: