Tuesday, September 17, 2013

It's OK to Ask

This morning, I read the simple prayer of David when he was being persecuted by Saul. He prays: "I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer."

Don't you want to know what he asked? Don't you want to know what this great request might be?

It's this: "Show the wonder of your great love."

Show the wonder of your great love for us today. 

Show means to "make visible," to "display," or to "allow to be perceived." Essentially, David needed to see a tangible demonstration of God's love to encourage his heart.

Yes! Make it visible to us. We need tangible today, God. We need to perceive you. It's OK to ask this.

David asked for this, and so shall I.




1 comment:

Bw Smith said...

One hope I have, by which I ask, is what God said to Jeremiah: "Call to me and I will show you great and wonderful things that you know not." (33:3)