Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Fog on the Path

We wake up to fog.

Fog in the Woods

With poor visibility on the walk to school, we nevertheless press on. In fact, it's beautiful. We know the fog won't last long, so we enjoy it. I think about all the confusing, unclear, or unseen things on my own path. Perhaps I'm to stop and relish the particular delight of poor visibility. We don't know what's before us, and it feels so exciting. We feel the strange beauty of dark and dreary things on this walk.


2 comments:

Chris said...

Heather, I love your snowflake! Besides, I couldn't see the batman face in it, only the hearts. It reminds me of the time when I was in kindergarten, we used to make them in November or December. Even then I thought they were amazing because all you need are scissors and a piece of paper but the result is so beautiful!

Janie said...

There is definitely strange beauty through the fog. I feel especially drawn to God on foggy weather and here's one such incident...

http://janiecross.wordpress.com/2013/10/31/foggy-fall/