Thursday, July 11, 2013

See What Happens

Some days, there's nothing to report. I sit  before a blank page and just start. I like to see what happens; I really have no idea what's going to come out. 

If I waited until I knew, nothing would happen. So I start.

Actually, now that I'm here, I remember looking up into a tree early this morning to trace the sound of a songbird. I wanted to see that beautiful bird but never did. All I had to hold on to was a song--evidence of what was there but couldn't be seen.

Some days don't let you nail down that beautiful thing. You just hold on to a song and let yourself be satisfied with the unseen.

And you realize the song is the beautiful thing.

Sometimes we search too hard.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Have you read Wonderstruck by Margaret Feinberg? I think you would like it. Subtitle: Awaken to the Nearness of God.
He's in the song, isn't He?