Saturday, July 20, 2013

What You Do Not Have to Give

I meet a new friend who explains what happened when God asked her to give what she didn't have to give in a particular situation.

She tells me how only then did God become her real source; she needed power and provision because God asked her to do something she wasn't capable of in her own strength.

I begin thinking about my life differently. I always assume God asks me to contribute from what I already obviously have to offer. But what if He asks me to give beyond what I am capable of--physically, financially, emotionally, socially?

Maybe it's to invite me to learn from where my true strength comes.

So I ask myself in my journal: What is God asking of me that I feel like I do not have to give--emotionally, physically, financially, or even socially?

No comments: