Saturday, April 18, 2015

5 More Great Verbs in Scripture

I'm reading in 1 Peter 5, and I note with such comfort verse 7: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." When I read the verb "cast" in Greek, I learn that it's an urgent throwing, a sort of flinging away of something you don't care about anymore.

I urgently fling every worry I have right to God.

Then, I continue to read something so beautiful. In verse 10, I learn that God, "who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." I sit with each verb for a while, and I learn that restore means to completely repair what is broken in you. I learn how confirm means to stabilize what is unstable. I think about God strengthening what is weak within me and establishing a firm foundation beneath my life.

What must I cast away this morning? What do I offer for restoration, stabilization, strengthening, and establishing? What a healing and attentive God we serve and love!


No comments: