Sunday, July 17, 2011

I Just Wanted to Remind You

This morning, I wanted to take you someplace to remind you how beautiful the world can be.  Even when there's heartache, somewhere a rainbow shimmers in a dark sky.  Yesterday, we drove to the Rocky Mountains.  My camera's very old and not fancy, but look at this! 

Rocky Mountain Rainbow
And just in front of this rainbow, a herd of elk leisurely feast.

Elk on the Mountain
And back down the trail, a waterfall spits and roars down the rocks.


You don't think about laundry or dishes or sickness or sadness when you're on the mountain.  At least I didn't.  I sprawled out and took a deep breath.

Heather in the Heather

My daughters climb and explore.  A friend hands my oldest a pair of binoculars, and she suddenly becomes quiet and thoughtful.  


Sometimes, we need to go places that make us still and thoughtful as we contemplate the beauty of the earth.

________________
Journal:  Where do you go to contemplate how beautiful the world is? 

2 comments:

E.M.B said...

That reminds me of how much I love photography!

Unknown said...

Love this!...oh, that rainbow and all the more since I am in the same place, have met you face-to-face at the CSU video shoot:) and will spend more time together this week!