Tuesday, April 3, 2012

On This Day: A Promise to Yourself

On this day, I will, as Oswald Chambers writes, let God "fling me out."


Let God fling you, my friend reminds me all week.  She's talking about letting God send me out into those unknown and unsafe purposes, those amazing and unimagined plans.

Before school, I push my daughter on the swing, flinging her as far as she'll go.  She can't stop giggling.  She's terrified and delighted in equal measure.  This is what it feels like to let God fling me.  Am I ready for this whirlwind?


Chambers concludes: "The only way God sows His saints is by His whirlwind... Let God fling you out, and do not go until He does. If you select your own spot, you will prove an empty pod. If God sows you, you will bring forth fruit."


I walk on with all the neighbors to school, and I see a blossom stretch out to me, strangely distinct--flung out--dangling.  How beautiful to see what this tree brings forth in this spot, right here, today.  



 _____________________________
Have you let God fling you out before?  

8 comments:

HammyL said...

God spoke to me through you today. What a magnificent adventure God leads us on if we only let Him "fling us out"!

LivewithFlair said...

 So glad!!! 

Monster Librarian said...

What a lovely reflection to read today! :)

Mom2HandH said...

Be warned:  being flung out can be extremely painful.    I'm still recovering, 3 years later...http://mstheophilus.blogspot.com/2009/07/dandelion-seeds-are-scattered-to-spread.html

Amy @ themessymiddle said...

This is a great question! In reading this I realized I mostly look at "flinging" in big things (i.e. moving overseas, changing jobs, getting married, having a baby). So, now I'm wondering what it looks like to be flung in the ordinariness of life -- on a day, like today, when I woke up and thought, "I'm a bit bored with the same/sameness of life." On the surface I look flung, on the inside I don't feel flung :)

LivewithFlair said...

 When you find the answer, tell us all!  That's exactly what I've been thinking today.  Life can get boring and ordinary here!!

LivewithFlair said...

 Thank you!!

LivewithFlair said...

 Yes!  I agree with that.  Terrifying.