Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Thing for Today

I'm beginning to think that if a day goes by and I haven't stopped to observe at least one truly beautiful thing, then something's wrong.

The day hasn't been juiced yet; I haven't done the work of extraction to find the thing.

So I'm driving home down the same old road, and out of the corner of my eye I see a rich reddish and pinkish (which one?) tree set against another blue sky.


I pull over, stand in the middle of the street, and snap some photos.  Maybe it's the contrast of blue against pinkish redish.  Maybe it's the way the mid-morning sun encloses it.


Maybe it's just that I love blossoms in Spring.


I don't know why, and I don't know how, but this tree is beautiful.  I know because I step outside of the ordinary when I'm beneath it.


I don't know why for sure, but I like the mystery of the feeling.  
___________________________
Did you find your beautiful thing today?

2 comments:

Roberta Beach said...

What a beautiful tree! My recorded beauty so far came yesterday when I took shots of one of my beloved adoptable senior Beagles, Pink Floyd. Pink's spine is so arthritic, his neck is almost fused; he feels as though I could break bones when I pick him up - but, he is a tough, funny old dog who makes me smile every day. 

LivewithFlair said...

So sweet!  I love that Pink Floyd.  Thank you for loving these dogs, Roberta!