Sunday, September 2, 2012

Are You Truly Content?

This morning in church, it occurs to me that much of my thinking involves wanting some aspect of my life to change. I pray in this direction. I hope in the direction of just make this all different.

Wait. Stop!

I remember that contentment in our circumstances represents one of the greatest gifts given by God. Contentment means happiness and complete satisfaction. Paul writes, "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength." Later, I read that "godliness with contentment is great gain." 

I need the wisdom to know when to stop praying for change and to start praying for contentment. 

Maybe I can do both. I don't know. 

I choose today to ask for contentment, and I feel myself rising out of the darkness into glorious light. 

_________________________________________
Do you feel truly content? Share your secret! 

No comments: