Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dangling

I'm in line at the grocery store, and I can't take my eyes off of a little baby strapped to his mother in a Baby Bjorn carrier. The baby, facing forward, dangles with joy: feet wriggling, hands waving, eyes exploring. He's so free.

One would think it would terrify a baby to dangle without any sure footing. One would think that dangling in space--attached by tethers--would make one feel totally out of control.

Well, not for this baby. When you're tethered tightly to the one who loves you and cares for you--the one who will not let you fall--it suddenly doesn't matter that your feet have no place to stand.

You kick your feet with joy; you wave and explore. You're free, dangling.

___________________________________
I love thinking about God holding me in a Baby Bjorn!

No comments: