Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Every Moment Sacred

Last night, some friends discuss the sacred. We wonder if every moment might become sacred; we consider how even grocery shopping and washing dishes might be set apart with the power and presence of God. Can we have sacred moments in our ordinary routines?

Yes! Yes! We invite God into it all. 

I look into my daughter's eyes. I brush her beautiful hair. I walk to school in the dappled morning sunlight. I think of the beauty of words. I meditate on the sacred vocation of teaching.

Even tying my shoes, buttoning my coat, and pulling on my mittens, I think about the Almighty God who fills the whole earth with His glory.

____________________________________
Did you find a sacred moment in a common thing?

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Oh, how I love this {and you}, Heather.