Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Because I Was In the Bubble Bath

Right around 4:00 PM, I get the worst tension headache. I'm thinking about too much.

So at 4:01, I stumble into the bathtub and turn on the hot--and I mean hot--water. I pour in whatever I can find: fizzle bath balls that smell like gardenia, tea tree oil, or shampoo I'm hoping will make bubbles.

You just want enough in there to create a whole new world to sink down into.

So I'm in deep inside this aquatic world where, if I immerse myself fully, I can't even hear the dryer beeping or the phone ringing. I'm just in there, and that's my only obligation. I stay still, half-floating, and I sip a nice beverage and watch the flickering flame of a candle.

I've been so long away. I emerge and reenter my life.

I look at the clock, and it says 4:07. 

Living with flair means you take your six minutes--however you want them, however you need them--and you immerse yourself fully so you can come back refreshed.


______________________________
Do you love baths? They seem extravagant and wasteful, but I love them!
 

No comments: