Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Through My Being With You

Today I read in Philippians 2:25 Paul reason's for continuing in ministry even though he just wanted to depart to be with Jesus. He writes, "I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me."

His words turn into the prayer of my heart; I want to be the kind of woman who causes your joy in Christ Jesus to overflow.

Imagine!

I fear this isn't always the case. Lord, make it so that--on account of me--joy in Christ Jesus overflows.  I wonder about the kind of person about which this statement could be true. Does this person display weakness so God's power is obvious in her? Does this person rejoice and proclaim with her mouth about God's wonders?

I'm thinking about this. I'm praying about being the kind of person who enables others' joy in Christ Jesus to overflow.

______________________
Do you know people like this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ARE that kind of woman, Heather. You are such a blessing to me :)

<3 Devon