Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Too Heavy Inside

Twice in the last few days, a dark raincloud hovering overhead delivers drops of rain and then floats merrily on. The bright, hot sun still shines all around it. The mighty storm--a few yards in scope--cools down my steaming flip-flopped feet and the few trees around me. It's such a valiant attempt at a rainstorm from a singular cloud.

I think about the little raincloud that offers what it can despite its size and surroundings. It doesn't wait for other clouds or a more impactful storm. I know it's not scientifically accurate, but still, I think that when what it's carrying inside becomes too heavy, it must rain.

I think about what we hold inside that must come out--those drops of words or images that must fall because they sit too heavily inside our hearts. It never matters how small or influential our contribution (or in what circumstances); when it's time, it's time. God know when and on whom these words with fall, no matter how small or large in scope.


No comments: