Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This Is the Day

Who knows what a day will bring forth? 


For the past week, I've become aware of how precious each day is.  I put out the flag (as usual), but I see things differently today.  Because of the time change, everything looks strange.
 

We walk to school as the sun rises. 



Illuminated by a new light, a pathway clears through the forest. It's a new day, and I witness it. 

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118: 24)


As I look out into the forest--in that new light--I remember that God's mercies are new every morning.  I remember the prophet Isaiah speaking out on behalf of the Lord. 

He writes, "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." (Isaiah 43:19)



I want to perceive the new thing today.  I want to find that way in the desert, that stream in the wasteland.    



_____________________________________
Journal:  What new thing is God doing today? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You remind me that it is important to take the time to be still, to reflect & to connect. Then we are able to realise & appreciate the new that has come forth & that which is emerging.