Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Countdown to National Novel Writing Month! Let's Do This!

Dear Friends,

On November 1st--a mere 5 days away--I'm going to begin my new novel as part of National Novel Writing Month. Won't you join me and start your own novel? So far, two of my friends have joined up.

From November 1 through November 30, YOU can join us and commit to writing 1667 words a day to complete a 50,000 word novel in one month. Sign up at the website here. 

Who has time for this? Who would do this? YOU do! YOU would! As the website claims: The World Needs Your Novel.

I'm going to try it. I have no idea what I'm going to write about really, I just have a few scenes about a melancholy young girl who gets lost in the game lands behind my house. It's hunting season in my novel and very dangerous. Something extraordinary happens to her.

If you want a life theme for your November 2013, I suggest this: Say Something In Writing Every Single Day.

Best wishes on your writing life,

Heather Holleman


1 comment:

Patricia W Hunter said...

I'm thinking about it. Seriously.