Monday, July 27, 2015

A Place Prepared

Today I'm reminded and comforted by the great promise from John 14 that Jesus goes and prepares a place for us. One day, we shall experience this prepared place--this dwelling made for us by God's own hand. 

I grew up in a lovely home where each room was specially prepared to delight and comfort the inhabitant right down to the gardenia scent. Guests in our home enjoyed lavish textures and delicious treats often prepared days in advance. When I would return from college or later with my husband and new family, we'd find special cookies and presents amid lit candles and music. 

I always knew special preparations were happening in anticipation of our arrival. 

I think about Jesus preparing a special place that's beyond what I could hope for or imagine. I think about Him being there most of all. How incredible and comforting to know we have a place prepared!

No comments: