Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Other Than Where You Are Now

Written on the wall of the classroom where I'm taking a New Testament Survey course, I read the following day after day:

"Remember this, had any other condition been better for you than the one in which you are, divine love would have put you there. . .Take up your own daily cross; it's the burden best suited for your shoulder and will prove most effective to make you perfect in every good word and work to the glory of God." --Charles Spurgeon

What a wonderful quote to consider and know to be true! If any place other than this very circumstance would have been better for me, God would have put me there.

But He didn't. I'm right here, right now because of His divine love.

And the burden I bear--in whatever form--is best suited for me to make me bear much fruit.

His divine love puts me where I'm supposed to be for a reason I trust is for fruitfulness.

No comments: