Sunday, July 5, 2015

Within the Refuge

I've been studying the idea of God as our refuge who is within us as we are within Him. It's such a mystery in Ephesians 2:6 that we are both with Christ and in Him. It's such a mystery that Christ is in us, dwelling there by the Holy Spirit. So many prepositions! In and with, in us, in Him--it's so complex and beautiful.

However it works, the in and the with, I think about the hiding place--the soul refuge--of God. I know it's strange to consider, but I think about this refuge as a little home inside my heart that's decorated with sentences of truth. I write sentence after sentence upon the walls of this place inside to construct the right identity every single day and to worship God. I recall Galatians 2:20: "I've been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me." I paint upon the walls words from Romans that God is for me, that there's no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, and that my mind can be controlled by peace. 

I decorate the refuge with all the words that now build my heart's home.

No comments: