Friday, October 21, 2011

Going Back to Old Dreams

I remember the story of an older friend of mine who went back to an old dream once her children left for college.  All her life, she wanted to be an actress.  All her life, she was too busy for it. 

But one bright day, she decides to audition for community theater, lands the lead role, and launches her acting career twenty years after putting it on hold. 

It's brave.  It's unconventional.  It's risky. 

Why not?  I think about novels I've tucked away or plans I once had--before children, before schedules, before endless loads of laundry.  What if I made a little space again and took a risk on a dream?  

Living with flair means I'm not too busy for those dreams.   

_____________________________
Journal:  Did you ever put a dream on hold? 

No comments: