Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Secret Place

I read this morning a King James translation of Psalm 91:1:  "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." 

I think for a long time about the secret place of the Most High.  The psalmist writes that in such a place, God "covers us with his feathers" and hides us "under his wings."  Could anything be more lovely and warm, more safe and hidden? 

I ask God to help me make my dwelling in that secret place.  Even in the midst of chaos, noise, and uncertainty, there's a secret place to dwell.  Even in suffering.  Even in loss and disappointment. 

There's a secret place lined with feathers to rest the soul. 

__________________
Journal:  Have you been in the secret place? 

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I love that image. I've always cherished the verse "In the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy," but I've never thought of that place as lovely and warm and lined with feathers. Thanks for that. :)