Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's a Grand Pumpkin Patch

We drive out to the pumpkin patch.

Pumpkin Patch

I let my daughter loose against the Autumn landscape.  



She finds the one she wants, and it weighs as much as she does. Grandpa carries it back to the tractor.    



With pumpkins this size, we'll be eating roasted pumpkin seeds for weeks.


I think about that little girl racing through rows and rows of pumpkins for the taking.  Life is so big, so abundant, that you can't even carry the harvest back yourself.

__________________
Journal:  Do you have pumpkin patch memories?   

.

2 comments:

Roberta Beach said...

I'm thinking about using Discus also.  Oh, I remember roasted pumpkin seeds; to me,  they were the reason for making a jack o'lantern in the first place (well, not as a child so much).

Live with Flair said...

Lovely semicolon, Roberta!!!  Let me know what you think about Disqus when you launch it on your blog.  So far so good.