Thursday, May 8, 2014

In Some Direction

I love checking on the progress and growth of things. It's just something I love to do. In Spring, I must find a bird nest or two to monitor, and I walk the garden most days just to monitor the fruit.

I note the dark caverns in the strawberry patch that house brand new buds.


All living things grow. They progress towards maturity. The phenomenon of growth amazes me--that it happens, how it happens, why it happens. Growth means that something is happening as we move through time. We must inevitably and naturally move in some direction. There's nothing stagnant about it.

I am growing. It's happening. I want to ensure I'm growing in the right direction (not just any direction, or in the direction of a lesser kind of living), but toward maturity, fruitfulness, and ever increasing inner beauty.



No comments: