Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Seeing the Unseen Thing

If you look out in my backyard, there's really nothing to see. It's a bunch of weeds. 


I decide to peer in a bit, and I find the most lovely little flowers. Miniscule. One cannot see them from the house; you have to get down next to the ground and really look. 

Nobody's going to see them, so why must they bother to be so beautiful? 


Why does a whole unseen world of beauty exist beneath our feet, right there in the middle of our own backyards? It's a lesson for me to remember: there's beauty here, whether or not I perceive it. There's magnificent design, astonishing sights, and wonderful growth whether or not I perceive it. 

Oh, Lord, help me see it. Help me know it when I only see weeds. 

Isaiah 43:19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.


2 comments:

Patricia W Hunter said...

Oh, Heather - you know I love this!

Robin Kramer Writes said...

Yes, right under our feet!