Wednesday, May 28, 2014

When Maya Angelou Cried with Oprah

When Oprah asked Maya Angelou where she went for solace and comfort, she shared through tears about her Christian faith.  She tells Oprah in this video (text below) about God's love. She says:

And finally, I said, "God loves me." It still humbles me that this force that made leaves and flees and stars and rivers and you--loves me. Me Maya Angelou. It's amazing. I can do anything and do it well. Any good thing, I can do it. That's why I am who I am, yes, because God loves me, and I'm amazed at it and grateful for it.

I'm thankful today for Maya Angelou's gift of poetry, storytelling, and vocal expression that have blessed the world all these years. When my husband told me this morning that she had died, I heard her voice in my head--that wonderful, wonderful voice that we will miss.


No comments: