Friday, September 5, 2014

Lightheartedness

Today I remember the blessing of childhood and the lightheartedness of it. Lighthearted means "cheerful and free from care." 

I think about the little children in my home--even though one is almost a teenager!--and I feel we've all been more serious and work-minded than cheerful and carefree. We have our lists and our activities, our obligations and our chores.

It doesn't feel lighthearted. 

So I go back to childhood:

It's a day for ice cream and games! It's time for laughter and freedom. Go play! Worry over nothing! I will finish the laundry and the baking, the tidying and the dusting. You, dear child, must go be a child. 

I suddenly recall Jesus reminding us to be like little children. We are lighthearted because he handles everything. You, dear child, must go be a child.


1 comment:

Elaine said...

I love this! I'm so tired of trying to handle the seriousness of life; I forgot I am still a child to God. I think I shall twirl a bit!