Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Slow, Subtle Change

My friend and I walk about 3 miles, 3 times a week. We've been walking only 17 days. We started slowly--16 minute miles--but then improved our time to 13 minute miles. Then, after all this time, we now run for 1/2 a mile. We have grand plans for the future! Who knows where we'll end up? 

In all this zeal, we force ourselves to not overdo it. 

All day, I realize the wisdom of going slowly and not overdoing it as we seek to improve anything about our lives. I overdo most everything! I go full-steam ahead and damage myself and others in the process!

I love walking with my friend and learning the fine art of a slow, persevering kind of improvement. It's subtle. 

Subtle things, as you know, often hold the most wonderful and most beautiful truths. 

Today, I'm thankful for subtle, gentle change.

No comments: