Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Best Hand Gesture

This morning during Sunday School, a mom found me to tell me that her daughter didn't want to be left alone in the room with the other children.  But when mother and daughter entered the room, another little girl looked at her daughter and patted the empty seat beside her.

Problem solved.

Who wouldn't want to walk into a room, have someone catch your eye, and see that person's hand pat the empty seat beside her?  It might be the greatest hand gesture in the world.  It communicates this:

Be with me!  I like you!  You belong here!  There's a spot just for you! 

I want to live in such a way that I'm patting a million seats for everyone I see.

1 comment:

Charity said...

I think we all desire to receive that gesture of invitation and acceptance...even into adulthood. Thanks for reminding me to offer it and not just look for it being offered to me.