Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Great Christmas Verb

This morning, I realize that Christmas delights.  Delight (as a noun) means great pleasure and joy, and (as a verb) it means to both give and receive such joy.
 
I delight in your company!  Your company delights me!  You are a delight! 

At Christmastime, I recall the Lord's great delight in us.  Psalm 18 says:  "He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because he delighted in me."

Zephaniah 3 tells me this:

For the Lord your God is living among you.
He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With his love, he will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Jesus comes because God delights in us.  His verb turns us into nouns; we are a delight. 

We delight--giving and receiving great joy--today.  We walk about in dust and shadow knowing we are a heavenly delight.   

___________________________
Do you feel delightful today?  You are!

No comments: