Monday, October 1, 2012

A Recipe for Autumn Warmth

With October here, I bring out all the fall decorations. I place mums and pumpkins on the front porch. I swirl the leaf garlands on the tables.


Then, I bring out a pot to simmer spices on the stove. The whole house smells of Autumn now (and I keep the kitchen humidified along the way). Here's my favorite recipe for Autumn Warmth in the kitchen.

Fill a pot with water. Add one chopped apple, a tablespoon of crushed cloves, one cinnamon stick broken into a few pieces, a teaspoon of nutmeg, and finally, a few slices of fresh ginger. Bring this to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low to let the spices simmer. Later, just add in more water. You can keep reheating this pot for several days.


______________________________________
Do you have a recipe for mulling spices?

1 comment:

juliana said...

That sounds wonderful! Now to have it cool off in California so I can try this!