Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Hear Things Melting

All morning at my desk, I hear the drip, drip, dripping of melting snow and ice. We're thawing, folks. Water trickles down the gutters and flows into great puddles.

It's a beautiful sound.

I love to hear the work of thawing. Those icicles and snow banks stand no chance against this bright March sun. 

I turn my face to that sun and bask a bit. I find myself asking God to thaw me, too. Just this morning, my friend, Nature Girl, tells me to "take my cues from nature today." She the same friend who tells me to remember that things "just take time." She reminds me that what nature does, perhaps I should do today. 

I think about this all morning. Well, nature's defrosting today. Maybe that's what I need. 

In Psalm 147:17, I read that "He sends his word and melts them; he stirs up his breezes, and the waters flow." Today, I want God to thaw any icy, hardened thing in me. I want to stay soft and flowing and sensitive to the Spirit. 

So I keep my whole face to the sun and bask some more. 

__________________________________
 It's fun to take a cue from creation, isn't it? What's nature doing in your part of the world?


No comments: