Saturday, April 20, 2013

"God will fulfill His purpose for me." Psalm 138:8

I've been taking great comfort in a simple truth from scripture. In Psalm 138, David claims, "God will fulfill His purpose for me."

It's true. I don't have to worry. As I think about all the times in the Bible that "purpose" occurs, I remember that nobody can thwart God's purposes.

Nobody. And nothing.

The Lord's purposes prevail.

They do.

In another translation, I read that "God will accomplish all that concerns me."

When I think about all that comes against the child of God--rejection, discouragement, disappointment, suffering, death, depression, and every terrible thing--I remind myself that God fulfills His purposes for us.

________________
Isn't it comforting?

3 comments:

Barbara Thayer said...

Amen and amen! Love this as it serves as a great reminder to us all.

Roberta Rae said...

Knowing His purpose is especially comforting this weekend as I prepare my home and dogs for flooding...again.

Prissy said...

Thank you.