Thursday, October 17, 2013

It Was Rigged

This morning, nobody can access the Internet. Since everything, including our phones and television, depends upon this service, we find ourselves stuck with ancient things like books and crayons.  We even gravitate to crude tools of invention: ropes and boards.

Once outside, I watch my daughters toss the double-dutch ropes over the tree limbs and then tie them to old lumber from the garage. They swing all morning. It's the best morning we've had in months.


(I had nothing to do with it, but I did send my husband out later to check their knots and secure the seat).

Yes, our morning was rigged, in more ways than one. We had an unfair advantage without the sophistication of advanced distractions.

I hope these sisters had a great talk out there on the swings. I hope the Internet fails tomorrow morning, too.

___________________________


No comments: