Sunday, January 5, 2014

On Reserve (A Fabulous Find)

My friend Melanie shares a fabulous find on Facebook: 10 Crock-Pot Freezer Meals from Kari at Mommy's Fabulous Finds.  I'm so impressed with the easy preparation and simplicity of ingredients (plus I have an excess of red peppers in my refrigerator to use up).

After shopping, chopping, and preparing (which took less than two hours), I made six dinners from Kari's recipes. In case you need more, she provides 23 MORE for you to enjoy. 


I love it!

You take one from the freezer the night before, place it in the refrigerator, and then empty into the crockpot when you leave for work. Yes! I have six dinners on reserve for stressful work days.

I repeat: I have six dinners on reserve.

This feels wonderful. This feels prepared. This feels yummy.

There's something about storing up--having things on reserve--that makes me happy. I wonder about storing up in other ways--emotionally and spiritually--that won't leave me empty on stressful days.

I also wonder about searching for my own Fabulous Finds to share with you in 2014.








No comments: