Friday, January 30, 2015

To Want This More

Today I remember that King Solomon, when told by God in a dream that he could ask for whatever he wanted, asked not for wealth or longevity, but for wisdom.

Wisdom!

(And it wasn't even wisdom for his own enjoyment. It was to govern others well.)

I imagine that God approaches and says, as recorded in 2 Chronicles 1:7: "Ask for whatever you want me to give you."

I will give you anything. Just say the word, and it's yours. 

What would we say? What would the truest part of ourselves say?

I want the answer to be as wise as Solomon's, but I know my own heart.

But I also know I can pray to want the right things.

Help me want the right things! Turn my eyes from worthless things! 

God shapes and directs a willing heart. I'm so thankful.




No comments: