Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Morning Briefing

I realize that most of my failures in a day come about because of the element of surprise. I'm not expecting something, and I'm not prepared with a strategy to act in the right manner. This includes things like overeating when a cheesecake unexpectedly arrives or falling apart in the face of stress with the needs of my children. 

I learn a military technique of the morning briefing to alert soldiers to potential threats, inform them of possible means of attacks, and explain what strategies exist to combat potential threats. I think of the mental preparation associated with the briefing. Some surprise attack may come, so what will we do?

I pause this morning and consider what's before me today--the potential challenges, temptations, and pitfalls both physical and spiritual. I gather my resources, assess my options, and plan my escape route or my means of resistance. 

I'm ready. 

No comments: