Saturday, January 26, 2013

An Eager and Humble Heart

Today I remember that I absolutely love spending time with people who--even after decades--maintain the curiosity and wonder of a child. I have a friend who can always tell you what new idea she's pondering or what new book she's been reading. She's as eager and humble as a new student in a foreign land. 

A therapist once told me that as some people age, they tend to become rigid in their ideas. They seldom change. They become hardened, unteachable, and proud.

But certain older people know how to stay pliable. They grapple with new concepts and maintain a humble heart. They admit they have so much to learn.

I want to keep learning with an eager and humble heart.

_________________________
What are you learning these days?

No comments: