Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Robust and Hardy: Capable of Enduring Difficult Conditions

Lately, I've been praying for God to strengthen me. I'm too fussy. I'm too addicted to my comforts. What would happen if I were thrust into truly difficult conditions?

Over the years, I've learned to adapt, to find beauty, to think positively, and to rejoice through various trials, but I still have a long way to go.

I would like--in a few years--to be able to describe myself as hardy and robust.

I look out my window and see the Weeping Cherry patiently bearing the weight of winter. Experts claim the Weeping Cherry is hardy and robust. They endure harsh conditions. They richly bloom every spring despite whatever kind of winter they've had.



Lord, make me robust.

___________________________________________
Do you feel robust inside? I think of Ephesians 3 and being "strengthened in my inner being." 

1 comment:

cbakerpa said...

Love that you've used my word for 2013 (endure). Although I must admit that with so many days without sunshine my inside is not feeling very robust lately.