Friday, May 3, 2013

The Most Beautiful Color in Nature

I sneak under the Weeping Cherry. I part branches like great curtains and tuck myself inside. It's quiet and earthy in there. It's cool and still.

I weave my arm up and then arch my hand over the Robin's Nest to spy inside with my phone's camera.

It's a blind activity; I'm trusting the camera to focus on something and return to me with the spoils.

I fumble to press a button I cannot actually see, finally hear the click, and then steal away as fast as I can.

Hidden away in the garage, I view the photo.

We have an egg, folks. That's possibly the most beautiful color in nature: Robin's Egg Blue. 



I'm hoping she'll lay more eggs this morning.



___________________________
Look at that egg! So blue!

1 comment:

bwsmith said...

Stunning color! Made all the more beautiful against the twigs.