Thursday, July 25, 2013

I Didn't Write That Day

I forgot to blog on Monday. I seriously just forgot! I can't believe it. I haven't forgotten to blog in over three years of daily blogging.

My sweet neighbor asks me why I didn't blog on Monday.

"I did!" I claim.

"No, you didn't!" She claims. I check. She's right.

Well, I was driving across Kansas that day. I was thinking about the wind turbine farms and the glories of wind power. I had researched the differences between wind turbines and windmills and stayed fascinated for hours.

The Smoky Hills Wind Farm as seen from Interstate 70 in Kansas, by Drenaline, Creative Commons 

But I didn't write.

I'm sorry.

As I think about it, I remember that I like getting away from writing at times. Maybe I needed to forget to write.

Sometimes, you store things up in your heart until you're ready to talk about them. Things have to get hot inside and then sputter and boil over on the page. If you haven't written in a while, maybe you're just storing up what will eventually spill over at just the right time.

I did love those wind turbines.

_____________________
Are you storing up some great writing?






1 comment:

Robin Kramer @ Pink Dryer Lint said...

Heather, I was just thinking about you and how you've written on Live With Flair for over three years every SINGLE day, without fail. Please, please, please don't let it sadden you or disappoint you that you've broken your perfect track record.
Your blog is a regular source of encouragement; I've benefited greatly from the wisdom and insights you've shared in many posts. I hope that the day off did you good!