Friday, November 22, 2013

A Quick Family Correction: The Return of the Warm Welcome and Happy Greeting

This week, we bring back The Warm Welcome and The Happy Greeting because we've lagged terribly as a family.

If you remember, The Warm Welcome aims to de-stress those around us by offering a greeting, a nice beverage, a relaxing atmosphere, and kind conversation (imagine candles lit, soft music, and hot cocoa). We've been too rushed and demanding lately, so we reinstate this immediately.

The lack of Happy Greetings saddens me! My oldest tried to introduce herself to a new girl on Tuesday, and this girl looked away, acted supremely annoyed, and essentially ignored the greeting. I later tell my daughters what it means to greet another person. The greet is a polite declaration of recognition and respect.

We, as a family, forget to greet one another in the morning and after school when we see each other again after some time has passed.

Yesterday, the oldest daughter decides to warmly greet the other--Hello! I'm so glad to see you again! How was your day?--and the youngest beams.

The Warm Welcome and the Happy Greeting: It changes the whole mood of our home.




2 comments:

Michael said...

I love it. My warm welcome is when my 3 year old runs down the hallway screaming "daddy" over and over until she reaches me.

Kelly said...

I love everything about this! I dressed up at Mary Poppins for Halloween this year because I love her philosophy of life, "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun." Bravo! Thanks for the reminder!


www.Ithinkonpaper.com