Monday, November 11, 2013

A Special Gift from the Local Artist

Local artist and dear friend, Jenny Kelly, delivers a memorial drawing of our sweet cat on Sunday morning. Jenny has a special gift of helping others grieve well--even if it's something that seems small or unimportant, like a pet.

She knows how special this kitty was, especially to our children. She also knows that art helps unlock something in us. It's therapeutic; we need it.


She uses visual art to honor, empathize, celebrate, and memorialize. She's a treasure to our community. 

Jenny teaches me all the ways God uses our experiences and our talents to bless and enter into the lives of others. 

Jenny has a grieving ministry in our neighborhood for whatever you've lost--large or small. I'm so thankful for her. 

  




4 comments:

juliana said...

What an absolutely wonderful gift - both the gift that Jenny has been given and the one that she, in turn, gave to you.

Elaine said...

Such beauty and truth, Heather. I had a local artist do a portrait of my "best dog ever", Ada. Afterward I felt a bit foolish but she captured the essence of my Poodle. Years have past now but the portrait makes me smile and remember with gratitude the gift of a special pet and the gift of the artist.
I know you will treasure this wonderful likeness of Jack; I'm so glad you have Jenny in your life.

Emily said...

The picture of Jack took my breath away. It's so beautiful. You have a treasure in the picture and in your talented, lovely friend. Wow.

Rachael said...

What a lovely idea. I was sad to read about Jack, having enjoyed his unfolding story in your family.