Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2 Recipes You Need for the Valentine's Party: Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies and Olympic Truffle Valentine Brownie Bites

My daughters both sign me up to bring brownies for the class Valentine's Party. I decide to have a baking day and try some new spins on old brownies.

First, I find this gem: Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies.

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies 

Then, I discover something fun: an "Inside Out Brownie." You wrap brownie batter around a Hershey Kiss, bake it, and then dip it in white chocolate. The brownie batter is more like a tough dough, so you can mold it. I thought these looked rather Olympic--like a snowy mountain. Since you bite into a kiss (like a truffle filling), I called them Olympic Truffle Valentine Brownie Bites. (Click on the links for much better photograph and great instructions.)

Olympic Truffle Valentine Brownie Bites 
I doubled each recipe, and I found I had leftover brownie-wrapping dough. So I cut out little hearts and dipped them in the leftover chocolate.


I can't wait for the party!


No comments: