Sunday, March 8, 2015

More Important Than Fear

We're watching The Princess Diaries, and the famous quote about courage pierces my heart. I haven't seen the movie for over ten years, and back then, I loved the quote as well.

In the letter a father writes to the main character (a scared and reluctant princess who wants to run away from her calling) he defines courage for her. He states:

"Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than our fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

It's a great quote to remember. When I'm afraid, I remember what is more important than my fear. Living out the good works God has planned may involve fear, but living one's calling is more important than fear. I'm so glad for that.

No comments: