Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Like Anne of Green Gables

I finish reading Anne of Green Gables a few nights ago. This morning on the walk to school, a new little delight of a child walks beside me, and she has named sections of our journey just like Anne does on her own walk.

There's the Path of Peril, the Wondering Way, and others that I cannot remember. What I do remember is this: the reason why the one stretch of an impossible sidewalk's hill is called Wondering is that you can't make it to the top without distracting yourself with wondering about something.

I shall forever wonder on the Wondering Way. I shall be my bravest self on the Path of Peril. I shall traverse the Transfixing Trail. I shall pick juicy fruit when we pass Raspberry Delight.

What a glorious morning here in our neighborhood!






No comments: