Friday, June 10, 2011

A Great Idea for a Dinner Party

Living with flair means cultivating the art of hospitality.  I'm learning what it looks like to let everybody take part.  You give up control, you accept the mess, and you let people bring their own flair. 

Last night, we decorate the counter top with all sorts of ingredients, hand folks a tiny baking pan, and let them build their own lasagnas.


Noodles, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, onion, green peppers, basil, meat, sauce--even mushrooms!  We broke the noodles in half and cooked them first. 


I indulge in cheese and basil in every layer. 


Everyone finishes, and we put the lasagnas in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. 




Then, we feast.   I just had to show you. 



 Hospitality can be a group effort.
______________________
Journal:  What can I do to personalize my next gathering so folks participate in the hospitality? 

5 comments:

Eiggam said...

What a great idea Dr. H! That way no one can complain about what is (or isn't) in their meal.

Anonymous said...

a very good idea. nice to see the photos.

Dianna said...

That looks like fun! Did you mark the individual dishes in some way so everyone knew which one was theirs?

Anonymous said...

I feel like I can almost read them :) great idea. People (especially me) are very picky about lasagna!

Live with Flair said...

Dianna! Yes, we marked them with a sharpie on the side. Some people made designs with the basil to make sure they knew which one was theirs!