Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lingering Questions

I'm studying the art of telling a good story.  It's helping me live with flair. 

Today, I read that every great novel needs mystery and conflict.  Otherwise, the reader won't turn the page.   As readers, we love and expect a good mystery and a grand conflict.  We want each chapter--maybe even each page--to have a lingering question.

But what about in real life? 

I think that every great life needs mystery and conflict. There's something beautiful and full of flair about the unresolved.  There's joy in the lingering questions.  Is it possible that mystery and conflict are written into our own stories on purpose to drive us onward?  All morning, I think about what it means to trust the Author within the mystery and conflict (internal and external) of my own life's journey.  Do these lingering life questions have a purpose? 

Mystery and conflict provide great motivation to continue on with hope and expectancy.  I'm actually thanking God for writing these elements into my own story.

______________________
Journal:  What are my great life mysteries?  What internal and external conflicts do I need to resolve in my story?

No comments: