Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Just Look Up

Every time I feel lost in this new place, I just look up.

An enormous mountain rises so high that you can see it no matter where you are.  When you observe it, you immediately reorient.  You suddenly know which direction to go. 

I find myself desperate for that mountain.  With every turn in the car, I'm shifting in my seat, craning my neck to find it.  And then I relax.  "This is the right way," I say.  I don't even need street names anymore.  I just drive on with that mountain beside me, and I know I'll make it home.

I'll remember the simplicity of looking up to find a mountain as I continue in this journey of faith.  
 
____________
Journal:  What in my life has been a fixed mountain for me?

1 comment:

A View From Serenity Acres said...

I have enjoyed being on your journey with you Heather. I love looking through your eyes at the mountains, the beauty and the learning you are doing right now. How wonderful that we have words to express the joys in our heart! Thank you for sharing!