Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Nobody Likes Perfect People

My daughter's crying in the backseat because of her horrible dentist appointment.  She has cavities.

The oldest daughter says, "Look at it this way:  Nobody likes perfect people.  Imagine all the conversations you can have on the playground with other kids who have cavities.  You'll understand.  Who wants perfect?  Right, Mom?"

"Right."  I'm smiling.  I'm smiling with a mouth full of my own cavities. 

___________________
Journal:  Who wants perfect?

4 comments:

A View From Serenity Acres said...

The key thing is....nobody is perfect in this world. We all wish we could be...but none of us are. It is a hard lesson when we find out we aren't...especially when we are so young. I love the wisdom of the older daughter here. Made me chuckle! Thank you Heather!

Dianna said...

How wonderful of her sister to help her deal with this unpleasant news.
And I'm smiling with a couple of cavities that I keep trying to forget.....

Anita Kay said...

I love this! What a sweet big sister.

Dawn said...

wow! what an insightful child! I'm 50, and just now 'getting' that perspective. LOL